Monday, March 9, 2009

I've Got Pokemon Fever

It's back and in full force. I hate to say it but I decided to pick up Pokemon Platinum when it releases on the 22nd of this month and I'm pretty excited. I don't know how it happened but I suddenly got an urge to catch and battle some pokemon. I haven't had this urge since since Pokemon Diamond was released 2 years ago and before that I hadn't played a pokemon game in 5 years.

Pokemon Platinum is the basically the special edition of Pokemon Diamond with some new pokemon and brand new locations to explore and course some little tweaks here and there in the gameplay to make it work. From what I've heard and seen one of the new locations is the distortion world. It has floor-like sections floating at angles from each other. On top of that odd things like surfing down a waterfall going up is possible. This is also the place where Giratina, the game's big legendary pokemon, will be in its Origin Forme (I have no idea what that is...)

To pass the time I've been playing Pokemon Fire Red and I'm about half done with it. I'm actually glad to be getting through with this game as one of about 30 uncompleted games that I need to get to work on. If I feel the need I may post a review on Pokemon Platinum in the future.

No comments: