Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bah...

Well I went on my date...it was a solo date. Jordan stood me up. We were suppose to meet at noon, I was there for about 40 minutes and he never showed up. I tried to text him but he never texted or called back. I was so upset and walking around the mall didn't help much seeing all the cute guys with hanger on girlfriends...yeah I was bitter. I walked around FYE looking at music and stuff and The Killers "Spaceman" video started playing. Music from that band always cheers me up so I left the mall and decided to forget all about Jordan. And honestly, I still don't feel too bad, I'm sure I'll get bummed out later when I think about love in general but oh well.

Moving on from that.....
I had planned to be out for at least 2 hours so I decided to head out to the Publix where I used to work. I quit back in October and I haven't been back there since then so it was time to see what had changed...and my god the place looks completely different. Things rearranged, recolored and modernized. The bakery seems to be doing fine. Good old Maggie still works there and so does that horrid manager Tracey. It also seems that they finally got a new assistant manager for bakery too. Dora still works in the deli along with a new woman, I didn't see anybody else in there and I didn't see Evan over at the produce department (although he mainly works nights). The one thing I'll say about this shiny new Publix is that I'm glad I don't work there because it looks like it's twice as strict as when I worked there.

From there I went home and watched the Family Guy Star Wars DVD I bought at moviestop for $5 and basically acted like the whole Jordan thing didn't happen. I'm seriously taking being stood up much better than I thought and I think maybe (for like a week or two) I'll try to enjoy being single.

No comments: