Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm Freaking Out

I'm so nervous, in a few hours I will be on my first date with a another guy. I've only been on 2 dates before: I took my really bad high school girlfriend to the prom 2 years in a row.

For the past month I decided I was tired of the lonely life and since trying to find a bi or gay guy in person in Alabama is borderline impossible, I decided to go to the forbidden (in my mind anyway) world of online dating. I've spent my time on okcupid.com and was surprised to see so many good looking men looking for love right here in my town. After 2 depressing rejections I finally I caught the attention of a 20 yr old guy named Jordan. He seems to like the same things as me and in a few short messages, he actually gave me his phone number. We set a date at the mall noon today.

I've never done anything like this before and my mind has been racing on the possible outcome of this date. I haven't told my parents I'm Bi and I worried about what will happen if me and Jordan actually start see each other. I actually really disaponited that I have to go on a blind date. I always hung on to the possiblity that I might hook up with one my crushes like Damon, despite the chances being pretty much non-existant. So now I have to meet this guy I don't know whose interested in me and I don't know I will even like him.

Oh well, I guess the first step to love is suppose to be this scary...

No comments: