Saturday, June 6, 2009

Make Me A Supermodel - Season 2 (Review)


I don't normally watch Bravo or reality shows in general, but I started watching Make Me A Supermodel largely out of curiosity and found myself tuning in every week to see who would be eliminated. The show doesn't really do anything differently in it's premise than most of the other garbage reality game shows, it largely how the contestants behave that varies from show to show. What I like about this show was that everyone was respectful of one another (except for stupid Jordan who bitched about everything, especially fellow model Amanda), and there was non of that get drunk and have sex with everything that I normally associate and despise with the reality genre.

Perhaps I only really enjoyed the show because the guy I was hoping would win actually did. Branden Rickman was my favorite from the start even though it really was long shot for him to win. He reminds me of people I normally hang out with. The super sexy british adonis Jonathan Waud was the person everyone including myself expected to walk away with the modeling contract , but the judge's unpredictable nature won out in the end (apparently last season's winner Hollie was also highly expected to win). It was admittedly surprising that in the end it came down to 3 male constants and I fully agree with the judge's decision to choose Branden over Jonathan and Sandhurst. Branden wasn't as good as the other 2 had been throughout the season, but he showed that he was slowly growing as a model and he proved that he was only going to grow even stronger from then on out. Besides I think the judges also saw that Jonathan was hot and talented enough to get a modeling contract without their help.

I don't know if there will be a third season of this series and I don't know if I'd watch it, but at least this season was a pretty good diversion for a couple weeks.

No comments: